Book of Creative Insults
Item Target: 1 Target
Item Effect: 5% chance to spawn on hero each combat turn until next Inn.
Book of Creative Insults is an Inn Item in Darkest Dungeon 2. Inn Items is an item category in Darkest Dungeon 2 that can directly benefit your heroes, to restore health, reduce stress, and give heroes different buffs and other effects. It can also provide resistances to Bleeding, Blight, Burn, Stun, Debuffs, or Disease status effects. Inn Items can also sometimes increase the level of affinity between heroes to help improve their relationship.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Book of Creative Insults Information
- Item Type: Inn Item
- Item Effect: Selected hero gains 5% chance to spawn each combat turn until next Inn.
- Item Cost: 12 Relics.
- To view Inn Items in your party's possession, open the inventory by pressing "I" and then select the Inn Items filter. To use an Inn Item, click the item in the inventory, then click and drag on the target hero. Items may affect 1, 2, or even all 4 heroes at once.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Book of Creative Insults Restriction Guide
Some heroes may have quirks or diseases that prevent them from using certain Inn Items. Players will see an extra field when they drag their Inn Item over the hero and it will show "BLOCKED" showing the player can't use the Inn Item on that hero.
The quirks preventing the use of the Book of Creative Insults Item in Darkest Dungeon 2 include:
How to Get Book of Creative Insults in Darkest Dungeon 2
- Profile Level Requirement to Unlock: Player Profile Level 14
- All Inn Items are randomly rewarded for each successful expedition.
- Inn Items are rewarded from different encounters, or by purchasing them from a merchant using Relics.
- To unlock more Inn Items across different runs, players will need to reach a certain Profile Level. Players may increase their Profile Level by earning Hope. Hope is given when a run ends, and is calculated by a series of factors including travel distance, battles won, removing items from the inventory, and several other factors such as area quests or defeating bosses.
Book of Creative Insults Notes & Tips
- May have some limited use with heroes with block skills or quirks, but these heroes generally already have a way to provoke enemies.
- May be helpful to redirect some damage to highest health heroes.