Item Effect: Debuffs resist, Debuffs speed, very small attack.
Caltrops is a Combat Item in Darkest Dungeon 2. Combat Items is an item category in Darkest Dungeon 2 where it can be equipped in a dedicated slot for each hero. Equipping a Combat Item allows it to be used during combat. Combat Items are quite useful because they count as a free action if used before activating a hero's ability and it applies various buffs, resistances, and effects.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Caltrops Information
- Item Type: Combat Item
- Item Target: Enemy Party
- Item Effect: Using this combat item will debuff movement resist and speed while also dealing a very small bleed damage to all the members of the enemy team.
- Right-click on your preferred hero that you want to give a Combat Item to, select the dagger icon, you can put your selected Combat Item on the empty slot. You can only equip 1 Combat Item per hero and you can only use it in combat.
How to Get Caltrops in Darkest Dungeon 2
- Profile Level Requirement to Unlock: Player Profile Level 16
- All Combat Items are randomly rewarded for each successful expedition.
- The main factors to obtain Combat Items are rewarded by meeting goals of an expedition (goals such as keeping the flame of the stagecoach at a certain level, avoiding the hospital, etc.), rewarded from successfully winning enemy encounters (enemy road encounters or enemy route encounters), road interactions such as helping out NPCs such as the "Desperate Few", and purchased from merchant NPCs such as the Hoarder, the nurse at the Triage, and the Provisioner at the Inn.
- To unlock more Combat Items that become available to be rewarded across your run, players will need to reach a certain Profile Level in order for the hero to become available in your next run. By doing this, players will need to gather Hope resources which is used to increase the Profile Level. Earning Hope is done by performing well on a run, and several factors increase it such as meeting certain goals of a journey you embark on, as well as winning enemy encounters.
Caltrops Notes & Tips
- Darkest Dungeon 2 notes, tips, and other trivia.