Controlled Burn (Skill)
Skill Cooldown: 3 Turns
Controlled Burn (Skill) is a Skill in Darkest Dungeon 2, it is a skill that is exclusive to the Runaway class. Skills in Darkest Dungeon 2 are used in two ways, either to attack Enemies or to buff yourself or your allies with various effects. Skills are unlocked at the Shrine of Mastery, which also provides backstory for the hero. And to upgrade the skills, you will need to spend Mastery Points, which can be earned by completing Road Battles and Routes or main quests.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Controlled Burn (Skill) Information
- Hero (Class): Runaway
- Rank: Runaway hero must be positioned on front ranks 1 or 2 in order to use this skill.
- Target: Controlled Burn skill of the Runaway hero can only target a single enemy unit on any rank position.
- Targeted enemy unit acquires the Controlled Burn Token. The effect of the Token causes the target to acquire the Burn DoT Token at the start of their turn. The Burn Token effect takes 2 ticks off the enemy's hp when it triggers.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Controlled Burn (Skill) Skill Guide
Controlled Burn is a unique skill of the Runaway hero that does not inflict any damage but it can ignore multiple status effects to apply the Burn DoT effect. This skill does not have any cooldown but it can only be used three times per battle encounter. Using this skill on a targeted enemy unit applies the Controlled Burn effect which applies Burn and will still connect since it ignores effects such as Dodge, Stealth buffed enemies, or even if the Runaway hero is inflicted with blind. Controlled burn requires the Runaway hero to be in front ranks 1-2 and can only target a single enemy unit in any rank.
How to Unlock Controlled Burn (Skill) in Darkest Dungeon 2
- Requires the hero to reflect on her past via the Shrine of Reflection to learn this skill. Obtained as a reward for clearing Chapter 3 of the Runaway's Lore.
Controlled Burn (Skill) Notes & Tips
- Darkest Dungeon 2 other Notes, Tips, and Trivia.