Darkest Dungeon 2 Wiki Guide: All Heroes, Weapons, Armor, Quirks, Trinkets, Enemies, Boss Guides, Builds, and Walkthrough for Darkest Dungeon 2.
Darkest Dungeon 2: Early Access Preview
Darkest Dungeon 2: Early Access Getting Started Guide
Darkest Dungeon 2 Wiki: DD2 Guide
Darkest Dungeon 2 Wiki Guide: Darkest Dungeon 2 All Heroes, Weapons, Armor, Quirks, Trinkets, Enemies, Boss Guides, Builds, and Walkthrough. Darkest Dungeon II is a singleplayer roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across a decaying landscape in a last gasp attempt to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within.
Darkest Dungeon 2 is the upcoming sequel to Darkest Dungeon. It will launch on the Epic Games Store in early access in Q3 2021. The game was previously teased in February of 2019 with a different title, featured, "The Howling End". In Darkest Dungeon 2, Wayne June reprises his role as the narrator, as well as its unique combat mechanic that is now transformed, "tuned-up", and it will feature a "completely different" structure involving a "grueling journey" instead of dungeon-delving in a single locale.
"You were right to fear the world. It has gone mad. The gutters brim with poets, and decency lies burning in the street. But this is not a time for heroes. Look instead to those battered souls who have known fear and failure in ample portion, but rise again to reclaim a glimmer of hope from the spreading stain of the Darkest Dungeon." - The Narrator
Darkest Dungeon 2 Gameplay
Darkest Dungeon 2 was first announced to be as a sequel to the first game, Darkest Dungeon, which was teased with a trailer that was narrated by Wayne June who reprises his role as the narrator. Game Developer and Publisher, Red Hook Studios has placed the setting of the sequel in a world beyond the Narrator's estate, where players are thrown into a road trip of a "grueling journey" that involves unimaginable creatures, twists, and turns that are far more worse than the estate.
Darkest Dungeon 2 stays true to its heart , which makes it stand out from other games, but it is now been "tuned-up", providing improved, graphics, updated combat & gameplay mechanics, changes to some features, and more. So what should we expect in Darkest Dungeon 2:
- The game is now developed in Unity engine, showcasing 3D models for all the characters and enemies in Darkest Dungeon 2. This provides better immersion experience since it now has more refined details, added animations, and actions, and not just simplified and cartoon-comic designs from the first game, Darkest Dungeon.
- Instead of a larger roster, players now manage a single party of heroes, which allows you to select different teams with every rogue-like run.
- Although some mecahnics are still present, such as the Stress system, there are some changes to it, as well as other gameplay features, which provides a familiarity to those who have played Darkest Dungeon, but at the same time, gives new quality of life to both new and veteran players of the franchise.
- A new mechanic, the Affinity System is introduced in Darkest Dungeon 2 and is one of the game's main highlight. The Affinity System of Darkest Dungeon 2 provides having relationships towards the many heroes of the game that causes changes such as interactions and combat dynamics.
- More skills can now be unlocked for the Heroes which are obtained in different waysm such as through story progression, unlockables, or special encountres on multiple runs.
- The setting of Darkest Dungeon 2 goes beyond the Narrator's estate and highlights that your journey revolves around a "road trip". And what better way to travel is by using a wagon. This is a travel mechanic where the heroes of the game use to get from Point A to Point B. The wagon does not only serve as a mode of transportation, but it can also be upgraded to imbue certain out-of-combat effects such as recovering HP, lowering stress levels, and more.
- Returning Heroes are featured in the game, but Red Hook Studios introduces new heroes such as the Runaway who is described to be as a survivor, a scavenger, and a scrapper who excels at disrupting foes, applying flames, and adjusting the flow and positioning of battle. The Runaway hero is to be featured in EA (Early Access), but more variations of heroes will be added to the full release of Darkest Dungeon 2.
- New and returning chostile characters are featured in Darkest Dungeon 2. Each region is said to have different factions of enemies and are now aggressive since they are now randomly encountered in a road-trip sequence. In Darkest Dungeon 2, anywhere and anytime isn't safe for your heroes.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Features
The first game, Darkest Dungeon, stood out with its unique gameplay features such as the Stress System, Roguelike structure, Interactions, and more. But in Darkest Dungeon 2, there will be more changes, updates, and new mechanics that will be added to the game's sequel, providing more depth in RPG and content.
- Gather your courage and ride out into the chaos of a world undone: Darkest Dungeon II is a roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across a decaying landscape in a last gasp attempt to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within.
- Roguelike Run Structure: Each journey is less than 5 hours, and progress you make opens up new hero abilities, items, and stagecoach upgrades that can be used on your next adventure!
- The Affinity System: As travels progress, heroes bond with each other or grate on each others’ nerves, leading to desperately needed combat synergies or journey-ending dysfunction. Manage their stress and interaction to keep the team together until the bitter end.
- Rest your weary, shell-shocked heroes at the Inn, where you can manage their stress and relationships with a variety of diversions and delights.
- Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of the heroes.
- A stylish and dynamic evolution of Darkest Dungeon’s signature art style.
- A return of the narration system and voice actor Wayne June!
- Exciting improvements to the turn-based combat from Darkest Dungeon.
Darkest Dungeon 2 PC Requirements
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: AMD Athlon X4 | Intel Core i5 4460
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 6 GB
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 950 | AMD R7 370
- Direct X: DX 10
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: i7 6700k
- Memory: 16GB Ram
- Storage: 10 GB
- Direct X: DX 10
Darkest Dungeon 2 Release
- Game Developer: Red Hook Studios
- Game Publisher Red Hook Studios
- Platform/s: PC (Windows) via Epic Games Store
- Early Access Release: October 26, 2021.
- Full Game Release: TBC
- Supported Audio Languages: English
- Supported Text Languages: English, French, German, Czech, Italian, Polish, Portuguese - Brazil, Russian, Spanish - Latin America
The long-awaited sequel to Red Hook Games' gothic, horror RPG, Darkest Dungeon 2, releases in Early Access for PC on October 26, 2021 via EPIC Games Store. The release date of the full game is yet to be announced.
Check out our other Wikis:Complete List of Wikis