Patch Notes in Darkest Dungeon 2 are all the patch updates available in the game. Patch Notes are usually regularly updated and released to improve and fix various bugs, make quality of life changes, make modification to the game mechanics, Items, Features, Abilities and Stats according to Developer observations, bug reports, and player comments. Developers will usually release a patch note update for players to download, along with a release date and revision number, where players can check to see the modifications and improvements over time. Check back here, for information on any specific previous updated or upcoming updates to the game.
All Patch Notes for Darkest Dungeon 2
Darkest Dungeon 2 Patch Notes: M4 (Build 0.15.36653)
Roll Out Date: August 15, 2022.
Notes: M4 - The Oblivion's Ingress
- Updated the environment art for the Guardian node
- Low light Cultist ambushes now include a Deacon or Cardinal instead of only standard Cultists
- Reaching maximum Doom will now result in an Exemplar fight
- You can no longer retreat from Guardian nodes
- Guardian nodes now consist of 2 Cultist battles, with the nature of the second battle being determined by biome
- Biome 1 ends with a Deacon fight
- Biome 2 ends with a Cardinal fight
- Biome 3 ends with an Exemplar fight
- Cultist fights on the Mountain are no longer randomized
- First fight contains an Exemplar
- Second fight contains a Deacon and Cardinal
- The Deacon's "The Flesh Warps" now randomizes whether it starts on the -50% melee or -50% ranged defense buff
- All Worship skills are now considered Free Actions. This means:
- They no longer occur automatically at the start of a round
- They occur as part of the Cultist's turn, so they are subject to Stun/DOT damage
- They do not end the Cultist's turn on use
- More than one Cultist can now Worship in the same round
- [community]Updated how combat items and other free actions affect turns:
- An immediate benefit players will experience is that we’ve set it up so that Turn End triggers (certain trinkets, buffs, duration countdowns, etc) to only occur after a skill is used that would end the turn
- [community]Updated mini-map tooltips for Cultist Territory and Guardian nodes, to now use their lore /game terms of Oblivion's Ingress and Oblivion's Rampart respectively.
- Oblivion’s Ramparts now reduce Loathing by 1, instead of 2, because they are no longer optional
- Cultist encounters reward adjusted for changes to Oblivion’s Rampart wave count
- Reduced drop chance for cultist trinkets from all cultist fights
- Dark Impulse now drops from encounters at Oblivion’s Rampart
- Fixed an issue where both cultist trinkets would not be returned after a hero death
- [community]Dark Impulse: now drops with random effects and the inventory frame has been updated to match other Unforgettable trinkets
- [community]Generic trinkets no longer appear in The Academic's Study
- Uncommon Seashell now properly checks when the Leper is bleeding, not the enemy
- Food inn items no longer heal
- Fixed an issue with a Creature Den choice showing that it would Blind enemies when it would Daze them
- Footman's Grog: Removed -25% DMG Taken
- Trinket condition tool tips for stress now use the amount rather than percent
- Fixed an issue with a Creature Den flee option that resulted in combat instead
- Creature Den and Resist nodes that apply negative effects to monsters on start are now non-resistable
- [community]Fixed an issue where converting stacks of certain token types, such as Vulnerable to Block, caused them to cancel one another out before conversion was complete
- Fixed an issue where "Random' AoE Multi-Hit skills would ignore Taunt and Stealth tokens
- Fixed several combat items not triggering their VFX
- Fixed an bug where a HP debuff from a quirk caused from a meltdown would force hero into Death’s Door
- Fixed a Softlock issue caused by a hero corpse and extra turn effects
- Fixed an issue where an unprocessed stress trigger resulted in a seemingly random meltdown in the inn
- Fix to movement happening after effect results
- Fixed an issue where moved enemies would ignore the immobilized token from a bear trap
- Fixed an issue where a Trench Run biome would fail to generate due to impossible goals
- Fixed an issue with Runaway's Searing Strike DOT not being correctly affected by trinkets
- Various driving camera obstruction fixes
- The Inn lantern now correctly has it's light placed inside the lantern and not below it
- Fixed a mouseover hitbox with the stagecoach torch being obscured sometimes resulting in flickering UI elements
- Torch UI should now correctly deactivate during Narrative sequences
- The Tempting Goblet Inn tooltip has been updated to remove the misleading Until Next Inn portion of it's stress heal effect
- Fixed an issue that would show the torch value countdown in various game UIs when Infernal Torch is equipped
- Fixed a display issue with Ignores effects on skills, ie Grave Robber's Thrown Dagger Skill or Leper's Chop+
- Hero Path seal and text are now color coded to help distinguish them against each other
- Fixed some awkward Torch deactivation and activation around the Valley Bridge
- Fixed an issue where the Inn travelogue would use default names for characters rather than their player specified names
- Fixed an issue with Docker hatched from a Cabin Boy incorrectly having a 1-slot HP bar for 2-slot character
- Fixed an issue where the self-target indicator would briefly show on Pass
- There is a known presentation issue with the death of the Act 2 boss when killed by a combat item. We will deploy a hotfix for this as soon as we have the issue resolved internally.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Patch Notes: M3
Roll Out Date: July 19, 2022.
Notes: M3 - Trinkets and Baubles
Trinket System Changes
- Massive trinket changes! See full list below.
- Profile unlocks for trinkets have been updated
- Region trinkets now only appear in their respective regions -- including trinkets sold by The Hoarder and found in Academics Cache
- Field Hospitals no longer sell trinkets
- 9 new Paths added; 1 per Hero
- Grave Robber: Venomdrop
- Hellion: Carcass
- Highwayman: Yellowhand
- Jester: Intermezzo
- Leper: Monarch
- Man-at-Arms: Bulwark (new version)
- Occultist: Aspirant
- Plague Doctor: Physician
- Runaway: Orphan
- Take Aim and Take Aim+ now have a 1 round cooldown
- Highway Robbery and Highway Robbery+ are now considered Melee skills
Man-at-Arms (Bulwark Path)
- Bulwark renamed to Vanguard with new flavor text
- HP bonus reduced to 20% from 33%
- Crush DMG bonus reduced to 50% from 100%
- Riposte DMG bonus reduced to 50% from 100%
- Binding Shadows and Binding Shadows+ launch ranks changed to 1 2 3 from 2 3 4
Occultist (Ritualist Path)
- Ritualist Path no longer increases Sacrificial Stab damage
- Vulnerable token is no longer resistable
- Vulnerable chance raised to 33% from 25%
- Cursing Skills bonuses now apply to Malediction
- Cursing Skills now have a +10% Debuff Chance
- Ransack and Ransack+ can now be used in all ranks
- Smokescreen and Smokescreen+ can now be used in all ranks
- Cauterize and Cauterize+ launch ranks changed to 2 3 4 from 1 2 3
- Controlled Burn and Controlled Burn+ launch ranks changed to 1 2 3 from 1 2
- Controller Burn and Controlled Burn+ no longer ignore Dodge or Blind
- Controlled Burn and Controlled Burn+ now have an initial Burn application, dramatically accelerating the DOT process; this can be dodged or miss but the Controlled Burn token will still be applied as it was before
- Fixed an issue where characters with Breacher would forget where they are supposed to be if you quit the game during combat start
- Fix to dot damage based damage calculation to account for dot damage buffs
- Current HP now scales up or down when max HP is modified
- Added more hero specific act out barks
- Added missing Stew use limit barks
- Fixed some road collision with tiles in The Sprawl and The Foetor
- Cleaned up z-fighting issues that were found/reported
- Fix to torch affinity buffs so they show up on the HEROES side of the torch tooltip
- Fixed an issue with Master Hero Path upgraded skill icons would carry over to other characters while building your party at the Crossroads
- Fixed an issue where the Attack preview would sometimes focus on enemies without mouseover
- Fixed an issue with ui scaling when opening the biome goal ui panel while driving
- Fixed an issue where heal preview would double if the skill was selected with keyboard, then mousing over the actor.
- Added tooltip max width text wrapping
- Fixed a minor issue with the Profile Wheel scrolling
- Fixed the biome pane background image from jumping/flickering on mouseover
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to click the continue button on the results screen while invisible
- Added vfx for Ordained enemy icons
- Discounts granted via stagecoach items now correctly show on store tooltips when discounts are present
- Updated Trinket tooltip text and frame colors, as well as minor art repositioning
- Removed “Discard for Hope” line in the Inventory UI
- Removed the ability to open the pause menu the Lair/Guardian loot window is open
- Fixed a vfx and ui flicker issue when placing the cursor on the edge of the hero roster ribbons
- Added Quirk remove pop text when coming from a trinket
- Added Diseases gained pop text when coming from a quirk
- Man-at-Arms Shrine Challenge 2: increased difficulty by decreasing Handful of Dirt damage as well as increasing stress damage taken from the ghosts
- Plague Doctor Shrine Challenge 2: Decreased stab damage for the Plague Doctor
- Leper Shrine Challenge 2: Advisors will do more damage, but Leper can heal a bit more and gets Block+ instead of Block
- Slayer of Fisherfolk had an incorrect banter effect
- Sanguine stress heal chance reduced to 25% from 100%
- Guardian Node final combats no longer only award city currency
- Cleaned up some city VFX decor items on common nodes to increase performance
- Fixed a softlock that could occur by abandoning a run right as combat starts
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to equip up to 2 cultist trinkets with them both being unlocked as if Dark Impulse was equipped.
- Fixed an issue where end turn effects would happen before the skill result was applied
- Fixed an issue where double kills could result in an invalid corpse and thus blocks creature summons
- Added confirmation dialog check for pause menu
- Added error SFX when double-clicking a player inventory item to equip fails in certain cases
- [Community] Fixed an issue where the Almanac: The Shroud appeared twice and the Almanac: The Tangle wasn’t appearing at all from certain Academic Studies.
- Fixed an issue with the General's Dream trophy showing the incorrect version of the Immobilize token
Stitching Kit no longer appears in Field Hospitals
- Venomdrop: additional Blight granted by Path cannot be adjusted by Trinkets
Darkest Dungeon 2 Patch Notes: 0.10.29156
- Platform: PC
- Roll Out Date: Nov. 5, 2021.
- Notes: A massive Academic’s Cache of fixes, tuning, and audio/visual polish.
- Fixed several combat affinity changes for healing and buffing that were broken and now should trigger correctly. These not working contributed to the problem that affinity changes were often due to illogical or annoying things like Kill Stealing.
- A fix for a corrupt save issue which was caused by combat getting in a state where it would infinitely create saves.
- Fixed an inventory exploit.
- Various improvements to our saving method to reduce file size and work more efficiently with our in-game report tool.
- Updated the replay cinematic button at the House of Denial to be more legible/recognizable for relating to the cinematic.
- Audrey is now holding her daggers more appropriately when forming a relationship with others.
- Paracelsus’ bag no longer disappears when forming a relationship with others.
- Fix to combat barks not spawning. Characters will now be a bit more chatty while in combat. (don’t worry these won’t be as interrupting as act outs)
- Fixed an issue with hotkey mapping for skills in combat.
- Various subtitle fixes.
- Fix for missing monitor select dropdown, added friendly monitor names.
- Updated stress bar pips to better communicate important affinity thresholds.
- Fix for meltdowns / act outs happening during hero story fights from driving stress…
- Fix for dysentery effect double applying on load.
- Fix for Recovery Marker not triggering for Riposte.
- Disable fight breaking act out combo on Tap Root .
- Fixes some item drag issues, one which leads to a soft lock
- Fix to quirk log entries showing up from leper hero story fight.
- Fix for Pit Fighter death's door conditions.
- Fix to Dreaming General softlock.
- Remove 1.0s wait when actors don't have a death timeline to fix turns being calculated with dead / removed actors..
- Fix to removing a quirk that you have an act out for at the hospital.
- Fix for some enemy heals not showing poptext.
- Replace quirk icon reward with the correct version.
- Fix to token view on death soft lock.
- Updated Game Credits
- In-game Cinematics can now always be skipped.
- Added min cost to the store cost multipliers to prevent items from costing 0
- Fixed DOT triggering again at the start of turn if you previously quit and then loaded back into combat
- Fixes for end of combat issues that could result in rendering errors or post-skill effects being skipped
- Increased font size for bottom left tooltips in combat.
- Additional Resist labels for tooltips.
- Added relic cost display to BRIBE resist story choices.
- Biome goal label color update.
Affinity System (Relationships)
- Large tuning pass based upon first observations. Short term goal is to have less chatter and instead have a smaller number of more meaningful moments.
- Affinity changes:
- Fixed up several important but broken affinity change events to do with healing, buffing.
- Reduced proc rates for many affinity change events, especially the most annoying ones.
- Increased effects of the most meaningful and logical of affinity changes. (e.g. Hero A is on death’s door and Hero B chooses to heal someone else. Hero A gets upset.)
- Relationship Act Outs:
- Audit and adjustment of all proc rates. Further iterations expected.
- Generally increased magnitude of the things that positive and negative Act Outs can do. Looking for bigger moments and less noise and interruptions.
- Added variety to some positive and negative act outs. For example, buffs might now include other tokens besides strength. Debuffs can included variety too.
- Relationship Stat bonuses:
- Reduced relationship DOT resist buffs/debuffs because they were stacking too high.
- Reduced relationship Deathblow resist buffs/debuffs because was stacking too high
- New stress after meltdown is 2 (was 5); chance of meltdown quirk reduced a bit. Goal was to reduce meltdown cycles.
- Meltdowns will no longer give “Lost in …” quirks. Those are reserved for cosmic stuff.
- Reduced cap Deathblow Resist to 90% from 95%.
- Stress recovery from skills now operates on thresholds similar to Healing.
- Tooltips related to Stress threshold have been updated for better legibility.
- Prevented numerous skills from being used on corpses.
- Grave Robber’s Absinthe now has a Use Limit of 3.
- Grave Robber’s Dead of Night no longer triggers effects if it misses.
- Highwayman's Riposte max damage has been slightly reduced.
- Highwayman's Riposte crit rate has been slightly reduced.
- Highwayman’s Take Aim+ now grants 1 Dodge instead of 2.
- Jester’s Inspiring Tune has a slightly lower Stress threshold requirement for use.
- Man-at-Arms's Riposte max damage has been slightly reduced.
- Man-at-Arms's Bolster has been reworked.
- Plague Doctor's Ounce of Prevention+ now only heals Stress at threshold.
- Hellion's Raucous Revelry and Raucous Revelry+ now only heal Stress at threshold.
- Adjusted description of Hellion’s Winded Token to reflect that it persists until combat end.
- Occultist's Wyrd Reconstruction no longer has a Battle Limit. Let the 0 heal Bleeds commence in abundance.
- Blind Shaman's Blazing Aegis now has a 2 round Cooldown.
- Whipper's Smoke 'Em no longer does damage and continues to ignore Riposte accordingly.
- Plague Eater "Bilious" skills are now guaranteed to be used on next action after consuming a Corpse.
- Lost Battalion Knight clears Blind when using En Garde.
- Foot Soldier’s can no longer resist the Taunt component of the Drummer’s Defensive Formation buff.
- Bullseye Barret can no longer fail to use Marked for Death because he's Blind.
- Raised proc rate of Worship tokens on Evangelist/Cherub abilities to 100% from 67% on most abilities.
- The Evangelist/Cherub Worship Skill will activate automatically on Round Start if they have sufficient Worship, to a maximum of once per Round.
- Using the Worship skill now grants a 25% heal / clears DOTs on the targeted Deacon or Cardinal.
- Raised minimum damage on Deacon's Flesh From Bone.
- Fixed launch ranks for Deacon’s Flesh From Bone.
- Improved damage of Deacon's Weight of Worlds.
- Deacon now uses The Flesh Warps at combat start instead of on his first turn.
- Deacon's Sundering Steel removes Block tokens (but still respects them for damage reduction of the hit itself).
- Cardinal's Exultation now ignores and clears Riposte Tokens.
- Antiquarian: Protect Me! now pushes Hatchetmen to the front and Crack Shots to the back, instead of forcing everyone to the front equally.
- Antiquarian: Invigorating Vapors now grants 1 Strength Token (25% chance) in addition to the Dodge.
- Antiquarian: Invigorating Vapors now affect herself in addition to teammates.
- Antiquarian: Invigorating Vapors can no longer target corpses.
- Shambler mobility has been fixed when using Skills.
- Shamber behavior has bee.n slightly adjusted.
- Tap Root is no longer subject to retaliation or group attack actions, which caused the fight to stop functioning.
- Dreaming General’s Strangle DOTs will no longer travel with a Hero should the line collapse
- Heroes will now bark when using Whispering Darkness
- HP raised to 90 for all locks, increasing overall HP of battle to 360 from 300.
- Shared skill Paralyzing Fear now inflicts Vulnerable in addition to the existing 75% chance of Stun.
- Latch of Regrets Ruptured Vessel now inflicts Weak.
- Bolt of Lamentations Mental
- Lashes now inflicts Blind.
- Whichever Lock uses Denial will also use their unique attack that round, increasing the total number of attacks each round by 1.
- Locks will abide by the 3 round Denial cooldown as long as 3 or more Locks remain.
- At 2 Locks, they no longer respect cooldown; one of the two will always use Denial and their unique skill.
- At 1 Lock, the remaining monster will use its Denial and unique every round.
- In addition, each Lock generates a unique buff on all surviving Locks when it dies. These buffs last for the duration of the fight.
- Fixed several Hero skills that were inappropriately locked by certain Denials.
- Dismas Backstory 1: Adjusted description of Inhale to hopefully more elegantly outline that it cannot be Dodged.
- Paracelsus Backstory 1: Moved the Stress heal component of Rebuttal to the Professor's Cough so that you can't face tank the fight by spamming it.
- Added barks to cower and rally skills in Hellion chapter 2.
- Increased damage from enemies in Hellion chapter 2 .
- Updated and added some Tutorials.
- Added more party names.
- Sluice: fix to generation so they can appear anywhere between VALLEY and MOUNTAIN instead of only in ONE SPOT.
- Battle modifier shaping: reduced chance in region 1, increased chances in later biomes, increased battle modifier chance with lower torch, increased power of some battle modifiers.
- Battle configuration shaping experiment: no hards in first non-valley region; no easies once you are at 3rd full biome past valley.
- Double Ghoul barricade mash no longer has a round limit. (Two ghouls enter no ghouls leave?)
- Base scouting: 45% -> 37.5%. Goal is to ensure that scouting stagecoach upgrades and the Watchtower are valuable.
- Base chance of quirk at inn: 75%->80%.
- Reduced mastery point loot proc rate at road combats. These are not the primary source of mastery points, but are a nice bonus when they happen.
- Changed HOPE bonus for killing bosses from 200 to 400 to incentivize more boss kills.
- Antiquarian trinkets: wealth threshold to trigger their powers reduced from 75 to 35 to make them more valuable.
- Fixes to Pillager battle configurations that had Crackshot in R1, where he is useless.
- Guard token description fix.
- Fix to Stimulating Poultice tooltip to make it accurate
- Adjusted mop cost down.
- Added disease glyph to appropriate choices.
- Fixed mystery loot glyph in caged creature cosmic story.
- AVOID story alignment added disharmonious definitions.
- Misc fixes (barks, icons, alignments).
- Jumbo Trunk is still missing it's item art. If anyone has seen it please send it home.
When we getting the Crusader?